Sunday, June 16, 2019

Monthly Review #60 - 5 years!

Five whole years! I measured the longest strands at 29" - so definitely losing length to mechanical damage since it used to grow about 7 inches a year and between year 3 and year 5 has only been 8 inches total. I didn't write it down in 2018 when I measured but I could have sworn it was 26, closing in on 27 - which would mean 5 inches in year 4 and 3 inches in year 5. ooph. I may need a haircut soon. The bottom reaches beyond my hip bones when pulled straight. And when in the shower the bottom sits on the top of my butt. 

Sleeping: crunchie put on tighter definitely works better for pineapple and daily life and somehow leaves the hair better curly, not creased or broken/flyaway. I tried a satin bonnet but it was hot and ruined my volume.

I went to deva and they advised against b'leave in - makes hair drier - weird for a leave in conditioner.  So now I have heaven in hair as a conditioner (that was some up charging - beware they don't have prices out so when they suggest you go from a $18/ 12oz conditioner to a $44/16oz conditioner you won't know until you get the charge.) and original no-poo as my cleanser - they were ot of the low-poo delight and the low-poo original has lanolin in it (not vegan). Plus I got the ultra defining gel to use with my existing supercream. of course that night the supercream ran out. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW IT'S RUNNING LOW?

I keep looking at LUS - it's one product and done and a lot of their founder/models look to have similar hair to me. But then there was a curly on the forum who had terrible build up from LUS and it looked terrible.

found out all of curly world is vegan so that's good. but spiral (x,y,z) - the salon in tribeca- is not really open? You have to email for an appt, no hours to walk in and buy stuff. So I've inquired after an appointment....maybe even to have it cut.

These pictures are taken the morning after a shower - on June 15th and then after it had fluffed out by end of day and the following morning even though that technically counts as the next month even though technically when I shaved it myself (6/15) I went into the salon the next day (6/16) to have it evened out...so maybe these months should have been bisected on the 16th. I took the photo mode off wide-angle selfie at the end to make it comparable to previous years since wide angle selfie looks farther away and thus like the hair is shorter.

Definitely thinking that next year I'll need to shear it off again.

Happy five years!

No comments:

Post a Comment